Specific abilities are great – but not without this…
Strong professional skills aren’t enough to guarantee success.
What can really make the difference is how optimistic you are, says speaker Dana Lightman.
Being optimistic – no matter what your rank in the company – can set you up for success because it calls for flexibility, self awareness, initiative, self-confidence and adaptability.
Don’t worry if you don’t come by optimism naturally. Train yourself to ask these five questions:
- What can I do to achieve the best possible outcome?
- Are there innovative responses to this situation?
- What do I need to know to reach a productive conclusion?
- Can I learn from this situation so it’ll help me in the future?
- What is an interpretation of this event that will motivate me to strive for excellence?