Ever notice any of the following in your work environment?
• Co-workers flattering the boss
• People taking credit for someone else’s work or
• Sabotaging of a co-worker’s project.
All of the above fall under the category of “office politics”
Over half the employees responding to an OfficeTeam survey say they’ve observed some kind of political maneuvering at work.
When asked which activity was most common in their office:
• 54% say gossiping
• 20% say flattering the boss
• 17% say taking credit for ideas, and
• 2% say sabotaging others’ projects
Staying out of it
Avoid gossip at work by saying to co-workers only what you’d say directly to someone.